Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Never say never... to Evernote.

I've been looking for a way to organize my new professional life. I was introduced to Evernote early on this semester. It looked promising! Someone had shared their page with the group outlining all the assignments and readings in one page. It even had check boxes next to each element! Woahhh, was all I could say. Nonetheless, I went home that night and downloaded Evernote.

I had played around with it a little but after a while, it didn't appeal to me anymore. I stopped using it and it sat on my computer for a few weeks. Then in this awesome technology class I was taking, we were each assigned a program to present to our group. I had been assigned Evernote! At first I thought, "Blahh." I had already taken a look at it and it was no good. 
 
That was until I actually did the assignment. There's so many cool things to do with Evernote! First of all, it's real utility comes in the fact that there is a mobile app for it. It syncs with your online account and allows you to have all the notes and reminders you created on your computer with you at all times! Another thing is that you can capture pictures with your laptop or camera and Evernote automatically makes it searchable. That's so cool! Normally to do that I would have to find a scanner, figure out how to work the scanner, find the right program, scan the page which takes a whopping 15 seconds. With Evernote, it's snap and done! 

Evernote also has all these side applications that can cater the program to your uses and interests. There's Evernote food which is useless to me but to those who like taking pictures of their food, it's perfect. There's a free draw program for those who have tablets and can annotate their notes and pictures very easily. 

All in all, I'm glad I figured out the full uses of Evernote. I'll be using it in my teaching career for organization as well as collaboration or teaching outlines. Something like that. 

1 comment:

  1. Evernote is great. I used to make sticky notes to remember what I had to do and then I would lose the sticky note. Or, I would be on the phone and did not have paper to write a phone number down, or created a new password that I knew I would forget in seconds. Evernote to the rescue. I can take a picture of my pass codes, or notes from phone calls or anything I don't want to forget. I was not aware of all the other uses. When I have time, I will have to look at the other feature of Evernote that allows for collaboration with my peers and other uses in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete